Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Power of Prayer

It was about midnight when I received a message on my mobile phone. “Call me. It’s an emergency.” The message came from “Don” and “Isaac,” two newly baptized believers. I called Don back. He said, “There’s a friend of ours here who’s been possessed by a demon. Please pray.” I hung up and immediately began praying for his deliverance. An hour later I asked how the young man was doing. The answer: “He’s doing well. Praise God!”

“Sean” and I went to visit the young boy (we’ll call him Albert). We learned that for 2 weeks Albert had been acting strange and wild. He was taken to the doctor and was given tranquilizers with no success. Don and Isaac told the family that only Jesus could heal him. That night Don was healed almost immediately. The following day almost everyone had heard of the “miracle” and noticed the great change in Albert.

Undoubtedly, because of God’s hand in this situation some have begun to consider the God of Don and Isaac. Today I received another message from Don. “Three of our friends have received the good news. However, they are fearful of persecution. Please pray for them.”

Please pray for these three men that Don and Isaac have introduced to Christ, that they may trust and believe in Him with boldness and joy. Pray also for Don and Isaac that they would continue to be light in this place of darkness. Pray also for Albert since he has not yet received Christ as his Lord and Savior. I am afraid that his final condition would be worse than his first (Luke 11:24-26).

No comments: