Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fox News Interviews Semse

“Thanks for letting us in your home under such circumstances. What would you like to say to America and to the world about your husband or anything else that’s on your mind?”

“I want to thank you because I don’t want the world to forget what happened. Because they killed my husband and his friends, and they left my children without a father. Their only wrongdoing was their belief in Jesus Christ, so I don’t want the world to forget what happened.”

• "Can you tell me what your last moments with your husband were like?”

“My husband had been in Germany for a conference a week before and he had just returned on Sunday so we only had two days together before he died. Wednesday morning I sent the kids to school early, so my husband didn’t see his children that day. At around 10:00 a.m. we had breakfast together. During breakfast, we were speaking about the Bible … the story of David and Gideon. Then we said goodbye and I never saw him again.”

• And, why did they kill him?”

“Just because of his faith. He was just killed because he was a believer, because he was someone who came from a Muslim family and became a Christian. And for some Muslims, they thought this person deserves to die.”

• I assume you must be dealing with a lot of anger?

“I’m not angry and I don’t hate them. But of course I want justice to be done and I want that we can live our faith in freedom in Turkey. I’m a bit worried that the court case won’t be properly done. That’s why I want a lawyer from Europe to observe it.”

• You seem peaceful and you have amazing strength.

“I forgive them, but I know I can only do this with the spirit of God.”

• What do you most remember about your husband?

“What I most remember is that he was full of love and he was a holy person. He loved us so much and made us happy. He was a close friend of my spirit, body, and soul. It’s torture for me to live without him. There are times that I miss him most. For example, yesterday my son Elisha fell down and hit his head. He began to cry. In that moment, I pictured what Necati must have suffered. Because I saw his body twice after he died, I know they beat him badly on his head. When Elisha cried I imagined Necati’s pain too.”

• And the kids, how are they doing?

“We teach the children to look to God, and they know Necati is in heaven with Jesus so they can get comforted. But they miss their father very much. For them, it is like half of who they are is gone.”

• Do you plan to stay in Turkey with your two children?

“Until Jesus calls me anywhere else, I want to stay here. My country, my home, my security is only in Jesus.”

Throughout our whole conversation, seven-year-old Elisha listened attentively. When he saw we were coming to a close, he asked if he could speak too. I looked to his mother to see if this was what she wanted, and she nodded. I handed him the mic, but he said he wanted to use the same one lapel mic his mother had been using. It seemed more professional to him, I think. We pinned it on his T-shirt, and he began to speak. He was calm, direct, and very mature. These were his exact words …

“My father was a very good man. He loved me, and I love him very much. My father was very good. I played with him many games and he loved me very much. Usually we went to school early when my father was still sleeping, but when we got back from school we embraced each other and he said, ‘welcome, how are you?’ My mother loved my father very much. My father was a very good man and he always loved me and I loved him. My sister loves my father, and my mother loves my father, and I love my father too. And he read the Bible for us. He could read the Bible very well. He played with me and did everything with me. I miss him and I love him. Because I miss him, he is missing me too. He loved me and was like Jesus."
FOXNews.com - Day Three: Father Jonathan Speaks to the Widow of Murdered Christian Turk - FOX Fan

No comments: